Saturday 27 February 2016

Things I'm watching on Netflix - Love

I love Love.
Love is a new Netflix Original series with all season one episodes ready to stream.
It's so funny and the script is good. I'm watching it now and I just literally clapped at a joke.
I guess if I were to compare it to another comedy, as annoying as it can be when people do that, I'd say Love is that a hipster Curb Your Enthusiasm. The laughs are loud and short between and I can relate to the way the characters feel about things.

The main story is a will they won't they between Mickey Dobbs (Gillian Jacobs) and Gus Cruikshank (Paul Rust). Let's just say I'm already in love with Mickey and I want Gus to be my best friend (although I'd have to take them in small doses - they have BIG personalities).

I've lost track of what episode I'm up to (it's episode 7).
And anyway, Gus is a really nice guy. He tries to be polite to everyone he meets but usually ends up unintentionally saying something stupid or vulgar and people give him strange looks. He works in television.

Mickey has had a string of apparently dysfunctional relationships with seemingly maladjusted men. She's comfortable with sex but she's not been lucky in love. She's funny, likes partying hard, is a recovering alcoholic and likes taking drugs. Her heart's in the right place.

I spoke to a friend on Twitter about Love. She watched it ALL IN ONE GO. She said: "It's easy to binge-watch." She was right but I think that could be doing it a disservice as it could suggest the show is all fun and little substance, which it isn't!

So if you like witty American comedy or Rom-Coms, give Love a chance, you might find it's all you need.

No comments: